Friday, January 30, 2009

Partying & Puka Shells


Boracay Continued

Like I said before, two days was not enough on this beautiful island. New Years Eve was a blast at Cocomangas, where if you drink 15 shots, you are rewarded with a really ugly t-shirt. 


As an indicator for how the evening went, I am now a proud owner of one of these ugly shirts. To be honest though, between shots 11 and 15, things got a little fuzzy and it is quite possible that I had some help.

 

The first shot was a Canadian Prairie Fire, which is tequila with a healthy dose of Tabasco sauce. It tasted like hell. My favorite shot was called the Screaming Green Lizard and was made of Kailua, Baileys and Green Crème de Menthe (I know this because it is written on my cool new shirt). 

After that, I just remember a lot of dancing, a brief count down and waking up on my friend’s porch with close to a billion mosquito bites.

The next day there wasn’t much time to recover. I wanted to squeeze in everything that I possibly could before catching my plane later that afternoon. A quick bit to eat and wardrobe change into my swimsuit, and I was on the road to Puka Beach.

 

Puka Beach is on the other side of the island, but is much less crowded than the trendy White Beach. There were only a few local kids swimming and playing in the sand when we got there. The water was crystal blue but a little harsh as the tide was on its way in. 

        

I took a final swim, perused the street vendors for some last moment souvenirs and enjoyed a few minutes sipping on a coconut.

 

Now that I’m back in cold, snowy SK, I am really missing Boracay… guess I’ll just have to go back with more time!



1 comment:

  1. AH! 15 shots remind me of your 21st birthday!!! LOL!!! Your pictures are beautiful! miss you tons and more blogs please.

    ReplyDelete