Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life in the City

The first two weeks here flew by and I am getting adjusted to life here in South Korea :) I am teaching at OeDae in Paju City . The school is about a 30 minute bus ride away from Illsan, the city that I call home! My place leaves a lot to be desired, but the city offers so many things to see and do that I really haven't spent much time there. Here are some pictures so you can get an idea of the accommodations (my school director bought me the Hello Kitty pink bedspread as a welcome present)!

  

The apartment itself is conveniently situated right next to the subway stop and a short walk from the bus stop. There is also an awesome Lake Park that is right down the street. It is a huge man-made lake that has a singing fountain and a ton of other fun things to see around it. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, so that will have to be another posting, another day :)

For now, check out these pictures from my building. They were taken from the hall where I catch the elevator (my apartment window looks out onto another building = not very exciting).

 
If you look close, you can see the Starbucks across the street that I frequently visit (bottom pic). Makes me feel right at home! 

1 comment:

  1. My name is Elizabeth and I'm moving to Ilsan November 15th and teaching at OeDae in Paju City. We'll be co-workers! I'm staying with Linda for a few days when I first get there. Did you do the same? Awkward! Email me if you get a chance: elizabethbeach@email.com. BTW, I don't know what the rules are, but I'm painting my officetel.

    ReplyDelete